jueves, 18 de abril de 2013

Now I have more things to tell, and although I'm still thinking in Spanish I'll write in English so that everybody can understand it :-)
Today I had my first class, one of the 8h I have to teach in the "Signals and Systems" course. It is the chapter about Laplace transform. There are about 20 students in class, I expected many more as it is an undergraduate course (2nd year), but the reason is that I participate in a kind of "test", because they are trying to teach it in English the first year so they did not let participate more than 20. The rest of the students are in two groups of about 100 students. So it was a good clima, the students listened, did not talk but also didn't ask anything. No idea if they understood anyting! I myself are not glad at all with my class :-( I was stammering and confusing letters in the formulas, as in most of my classes I also understood some things I didn't see before, but my overall impression is that they must have thought that I do not understand the things very well. And this is the fact, I worked very hard to get it, but I did not interiorized it at all. Talking to the Teacher who normally gives this class, he said it was ok, but I should involve the students more. He calls them by name and asks questions. He even lets them calculate things on the black-board! He sais, in this way it takes more time, if not, I do not have enough stuff for 4 classes... Well, on monday I have the next session with this class. I will have to repass again my material and to find problems they could calculate. I hope this end's soon, I'm really not good at this theoretic stuff :-(

After class I headed to the canteen. Again rice and other stuff smashed on a tray. I don't know if I can stand that during one month: rice two or three times a day?? Normally I eat it once a week...
Why three times? Well, lunch and dinner are really the same, only at different times. The breakfast is quite different, but here you also can eat rice. It IS the main meal here I know, I know... So, I tell you what the hotel buffet offered this mornig: a kind of filled white bags which were cooked,  entire corn cobs, soup, some kind of churros I were afraid to try, vegetables, fried and cooked eggs, fried kind of bread, kind of muffins, milk. So, what to take... I took one of those muffins, milk and a cooked egg, in spite of the flu... No coffee! No Tee! No bread! No cheese, marmelade, ham, NOTHING! The last time in China I have been in two international hotels where they offered also a continental breakfast, but this one (without any stars you have to know!) is REALLY original. OK, I always want this when I travel, I like to immerse in other cultures and learn how they live. But maybe I am getting old now? Or I spent all my delight in my years in Spain? ;-) Well, this morning I really wanted to go home and have a breakfast "en condiciones" (=ordentlich).

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario